SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#492865 - 03/27/20 06:51 AM OT - "Imagine"
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Very nice performance - does he have perfect pitch? Sure is a nice performance of this wonderful song.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#492866 - 03/27/20 07:37 AM Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Randy nice sentiment...but really,
I just got blasted by all of you for just having a mask icon,
reminding people of the crisis.....
but it's ok to post virus videos...?
what am I missing here..

Edited by Dnj (03/27/20 07:43 AM)

#492869 - 03/27/20 07:48 AM Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition [Re: saxxman]
saxxman Offline

Donny - I didn't blast you on your Avatar - I personally don't have any problems with anyone's avatars. Posted this video because it represents a view of our (musical) society given the constraints we are all faced with. Hopefully the virus scares will diminish very soon - and the world can come back to normalcy again. Best wishes for all SZ'ers and their families as we all go through this roller coaster together.

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#492871 - 03/27/20 07:54 AM Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj

I just got blasted by all of you for just having a mask icon,
reminding people of the crisis....

Donny, I didn't blast you. I politely asked you to consider the thoughts of someone else, due to the fact that your avatar shows up every time you post, which is much more often than a random post of a video. No one is asking for apathy to our crisis, but rather, positivity in it's presence. I'm glad you're back, but please don't get your feathers ruffled at this. It's not worth it.

#492873 - 03/27/20 07:58 AM Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Whatever....I just had to make my feelings known..
nothing against Randy personally ...
it was directed in general.
the people know who they are.

Edited by Dnj (03/27/20 08:01 AM)

#492880 - 03/27/20 08:58 AM Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition [Re: saxxman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
We're faced with one of the biggest crisis in the last century, one that threatens all of society, and you're complaining about some perceived slight. Jeez, how petty and self-absorbed can one be. If ever there was a time to put these petty squabbles aside and embrace each other in this common struggle, it is now. I think most of the people here get that.

chas

#492881 - 03/27/20 09:09 AM Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd [Re: saxxman]
saxxman Offline

For Chas - Though not current - here is a video (2009) that I dusted off and posted on Facebook. Same song, different time.... Tyros 2 and Tenor Sax... Hope you like it. Still planning to post a "current duo soon"....

#492882 - 03/27/20 09:10 AM Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd [Re: saxxman]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
smooooooooth!

#492883 - 03/27/20 09:11 AM Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
We're faced with one of the biggest crisis in the last century, one that threatens all of society, and you're complaining about some perceived slight. Jeez, how petty and self-absorbed can one be. If ever there was a time to put these petty squabbles aside and embrace each other in this common struggle, it is now. I think most of the people here get that.

chas

I figured you were lurking in the wings on this one Chas..
if it was petty no one should of told me to
remove the mask icon in the first place..
I was just past it but you love to revamp as usual.

#492909 - 03/27/20 10:41 AM Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition [Re: saxxman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Just beautiful, Randy. I love to see/hear performances by people who have mastered not only their instruments but their craft. The Arranger does just what it's supposed to do, provide the most compatible and complimentary accompaniment for the lead or solo instrument (or vocalist). This almost always works best when the same person is doing both. As a side note, although I never used it much, it reminded me of how good my old (still have it) T2 CAN sound. For those guys that play another instrument, I'd love to hear some postings featuring that instrument over a tasteful arranger background.

Thanks again Randy, luv that sax.

chas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online